Electoral Roll

What is the Church Electoral Roll?

Officially, it is the parish's register of electors (nothing to do with the secular electoral roll which allows you to vote in the local election!).  It is the list of those qualified to attend and to vote at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) where the elections take place for the Parochial Church Council (the PCC) and for the parish's representatives on the Deanery Synod.  Any person entitled to attend the Annual Parochial Church Meeting may raise any question of parochial or general church interest.

The Electoral Roll is often seen as our 'membership list', the people we can count upon as committed and supportive members of one or more of the Anglican Churches within the Parish - St Michael's Highworth, St James' Sevenhampton and St John's Inglesham.   Hannington and Blunsdon are separate parishes within the Benefice and have separate Electoral Rolls.

Revision of the Church Electoral Roll

The list is revised each year in time for the church Annual Meeting, which is normally held on the last Monday in April.  The Roll can be added to at any time through the year but it is common to do so leading up to the APCM when it's the time for a formal revision.  The Roll is closed to additions for a short period during the revision time which is about three weeks prior to the APCM.  Every six years the Roll is deleted and a completely new Roll created - 2013 was such a year, so all names were renewed in 2013, the next renewal will be in 2019.

If you have joined the church in regular worship, or you have just turned 16, you should think about joining the Electoral Roll.  Membership in the Church of Christ involves a personal commitment, as best we can, in all aspects of the  life of the parish - this includes Worship & Prayer, Serving & Giving, Witness & Welcome.

If you would like to join the Electoral Roll for Highworth with Sevenhampton and Inglesham, please use a form available in St Michael's Church or download this one (click here).  You must be baptised, be resident in the parish or a regular worshipper at a church in the parish, and be over the age of 16 to have your name on the Electoral Roll. 
If you want to make a change to the Electoral Roll (eg name or address change, or removal from the Roll) there is a separate form in Church or download this one (click here). 
Please send completed forms to the Electoral Roll Officer, c/o St Michael's Church Office at the address below.  If you have any questions about the Electoral Roll please contact the Electoral Roll Officer here