In 1861 and 1862 the 'great restoration' of the church took place. The Warneford chapel, on the south side of the chancel, was completely restored by Lady Harriet Elizabeth Wetheral Warneford before her death in 1861. The chancel, which at that time 'belonged to' Ambrose Denise Hussey, was restored in 1861 by Mr Hussey, in memory of his father, Ambrose Hussey, and he also gave the window in the south wall of the chancel (pictured right)
Following the restoration of the chancel, the parish set about "restoring the building to its ancient beauty and completeness", according to a contemporary newspaper article.
"Arches leading from the nave to the chancel and the north transept were heightened and widened and were made to correspond in character with the tall and graceful Early English Pillars in the nave".
The window in the west end of the south aisle (pictured left) was given by the Loyal Orphans, Hope Lodge of Oddfellows in Highworth, in memory of 'Prince Albert, the consort of our beloved Queen Victoria' - he died in 1861.
A new organ was given by the Reverend John Henry Waneford MA, and many other improvements were made. The Swindon Advertiser said "Now few churches in this part of the country present so light and graceful an appearance as the interior of the Highworth church".
The window at the west end of the north side (pictured left) was given in memory of the wife and daughter of the Reverend Edward Roden, who died in 1869, having been vicar of Highworth for 64 Years. In niches in the columns at the east end of the nave are the ten commandments, lettered by Miss Robinson, niece of Edward Rowden.
The window over the west entrance of the church under the tower (pictured left) was given in memory of George Croke Rowden who died in 1863.